Dan Counsell, the founder of Realmac Software, the company producing applications for iOS and OS X, shared very interesting observations on his company blog about the “featured” section in the App Store.
Realmac Applications has been recommended several times by Apple in the App Store and Dan, basing on this experience, has selected 5 reasons that may help Apple to choose your application. They are the following:
- Build a Great App – obvious, but must be met
- Target the “Latest And Greatest” – Dan mentions iCloud, but using Newsstand will be equally good
- Make it Universal – PressPad applications can run on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Invest in good UI & UX – here we see our weakness, but we can assure you that we are working on a major update of iOS applications for all of our customers
- Get Media Coverage – here I will refer to one of our previous entries about “10 steps you can take to tell the world about your new iPad app”